In this series of articles I am going to show you how to blowtorch your arm fat away by increasing your metabolism, a lot. For those of you that don’t know, your metabolism is the rate at which your body burns calories for energy. If you increase your metabolism, you’ll burn more calories and the arm flab will melt off at an accelerated rate.
Some of the methods I’ll reveal are generally known, some are generally unknown.
Now before we get started, I would like to point out an all-too-common myth. You are NOT stuck with a slow or fast metabolism at birth. Although you can inherit a slower or faster metabolism compared to the average, 80% of your metabolic rate is determined by modifiable lifestyle factors. And that’s the purpose of this article series, to show you how to modify those lifestyle factors so that your new and improved metabolism incinerates your flabby arms away.
So let’s get into the meat of things. Here are 3 things you can do to increase your metabolism today:
1. Workout in the morning. If you workout the right way, your metabolism will remain elevated for up to 36 hours. Workout in the morning and your body will burn extra calories (and arm flab) while you sit at your desk and throughout the rest of the day. How do you workout the right way? Short and hard. An intense 45min. workout (30min. if you go hard enough) is all you need to get the metabolic boost. A short and hard workout forces your body into EPOC (exercise post oxygen consumption). Don’t be intimidated by this term. All this means is that your body has to burn extra calories after a hard workout so that it can regain its normal balance.
2. Drink water in between meals. If you only drink water during meals, you are missing out big time. You see, your body uses stored water in between meals to digest food. This dehydrates you. Dehydration can decrease your metabolism to drop by up to 30%, a substantial amount. The key is to consistently drink small amounts of water throughout the day. Don’t drink too much in one sitting though. If you do, your body will simply excrete the water through your kidneys and you’ll be back at square one.
3. Avoid caloric deprivation. If you cut calories by more than 20% of your needs, your metabolism will sink. Two things will happen. First, your thyroid (the gland that regulates your metabolism) will slow down to a crawl. Second, your body will produce more fat-storing enzymes. So not only will you burn less calories (and arm fat), but the few calories you do eat will most likely go towards fat stores! Not a good combination if you want to get rid of flabby arms. The good news is that it’s not about how much you eat, but about what you eat. Even with a higher caloric intake, if you eat balanced meals (protein, fat, carbohydrates and vegetables) the calories will go towards active tissues and not fat cells.
Ok, now you have 3 things you can start doing TODAY to increase your metabolism and blowtorch your arm fat away. Don’t wait till tomorrow to act on this information. Tomorrow may never come. Look out for my next article in this series. Till next time!
- How to Blowtorch Your Flabby Arms by Increasing Your Metabolism, Part 3
- How to Blowtorch Your Flabby Arms by Increasing Your Metabolism, Part 4
- How To Get Rid Of Bingo Wings With Advanced Nutrition, Part 3
- Mini-Steps Towards More Arm Fat Loss And Better Health
- How To Properly Hydrate Your Way To Sexy Arm Success