Spending all day in the gym to get results is not only unnecessary, but also unhealthy. You see, after the one hour mark, your internal environment becomes very catabolic. In other words, your body begins to break down at ever increasing rates.
So here is how to get the most out of your arm toning workouts for women without spending all day in the gym:
1. Big muscles first: Always prioritize bigger muscles first in your workouts. The last thing you want is an exhausted smaller muscle limiting the development of a bigger muscle. And remember that the more muscle mass you activate during your workouts, the better off you will be.
2. Don’t avoid isolation moves: You can’t violate the law of specificity. If you want to achieve maximum arm tone, then you have to directly work your arm muscles-there is no way around this. So don’t rely on doing push-ups all day to get toned arms.
3. Remember that intensity is king: The only way to make sure you don’t plateau is to constantly push the envelope. Your body is simply to adaptable and your results will come to a screeching halt if you don’t constantly experiment with new ways to increase intensity.
4. Add in variety: Related to the previous point, to avoid adaptation, you have to include lots of variety. Now you don’t have to completely change your routine from one day to the next. But you should definitely add in some slight modifications from one workout to the next.
In the short run, a simple change in grips will do the trick. In the long run, you want to change the order, the selection and the difficulty level of your exercises.
5. Work all the heads in your arm: Your triceps has three heads and your biceps has two heads. Thus, a complete arm toning program should target all of these components. If you only work two heads, as most women do, you will not get the best results possible.
6. Never forget that intensity is king: Have I made my point here?! I know a lot of marketers like to glaze over this point, but the truth remains: the harder you work per unit of time, the faster you will get results.
I know you are extremely busy, who isn’t. And I’m sure the last you want is to spend all day in the gym trying to get the arms of your dreams. The good news is that you don’t have to do this. So make sure you take action on this advice sooner rather than later!